Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hail to the Victors


Getting into Michigan Law was just SUCH a huge shock for me. It was my pie-in-the-sky dream school, and I thought I had absolutely no shot at all! I’ll never forget the way I felt when my mom handed me the big UPS package after I got home from work and saw the UM seal on the envelope. I honestly think it was one of the happiest moments of my life—which is kind of a sad statement on my life, but still. :D

Now that the initial euphoria is wearing off, I’m getting increasingly concerned about the $160,000 price tag on law school. I keep trying to wrap my mind around how much money that actually is. I could get 128 Macbook Pros (6 if I wanted them gold and diamond encrusted), 106,666 king-sized bars of German chocolate (did someone say my own chocolate waterfall?), and 200 Shar-pei puppies.


It is such a huge amount of money that I can’t wrap my mind around it, and get a headache every time I try! Emory and USC Law are both offering me at least half-tuition scholarships, but who am I kidding? Of course I’m going to U of M. And they know it too, as they haven’t offered me a cent. Sigh. But I recently saw a picture of the Michigan Law reading room:


Maybe $160,000 and 200 Shar-pei puppies is worth getting to pretend to be at Hogwarts.

2 comments:

  1. So so so proud!!! Michigan is getting (back) one of its finest assets. <3 Let me visit you in China before you come back to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww you are too sweet! PLEASE come to visit me in China!!!!!! That would be amazing! :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete